Manara is a social impact startup whose mission is to unlock the human potential of the Middle East & North Africa, uplifting the region's economy and diversifying the global tech sector. We focus especially on Palestine and women. We are experienced founders, operators, and technologists with leading investors (including Reid Hoffman, Jessica Livingston, Stripe, Y Combinator, Seedcamp) and advisers from companies in similar spaces (Andela, Lambda School, and Honeypot).
This region has a rapidly growing population and a highly educated, diverse population. But nobody has cracked the puzzle of employment: college graduates face the highest youth unemployment in the world. Women are particularly impacted: in Palestine, 52% of computer science students are women, but 83% of them are unemployed. We run an entirely remote solution to identify the top talent, familiarize them with interviewing approaches, vet them, and find them amazing jobs (whether remote or on-site). It works: at Google 71% of our referrals in our last batch were hired.
We don’t stop at job placement. Our vision is to build the top tech talent community in this region and support them at each stage in their lifecycle: how to get a promotion, become a manager, be the first woman engineer on a team, etc. The community is driven by a tech product that facilitates connection, shared learning, and motivation.YOUR ROLE
To achieve our ambitious mission, we are seeking a Marketing Manager to join the Marketing Team. We also welcome more experienced candidates as long as you are willing to do the immediate work needed.
Your role is to establish Manara’s brand as the leading source of top software engineers from MENA. The Marketing Manager is responsible to support on developing marketing strategies based on business objectives and to plan and manage the execution from A-Z.
- Experienced: 3+ years experience in developing marketing strategies and managing content execution
- Fluency in Arabic/English: Stellar writing skills in both Arabic and English
- Brand Marketing: Strategic planning to continuously boost Manara's recognition and reputation
- Understanding of marketing channels: Deep understanding of the role of different marketing touchpoints including social, digital & offline events, webinars etc.
- Social Media Knowledge: Hands-on experience in social media content production/ native platform trends especially on LinkedIn/ Instagram.
- Community Management: Strong understanding of community management guidelines, do's & don'ts of brand marketing.
- Experience with freelancers: Ability to manage freelancers for different campaign cycles
- Strong Communicator & Collaborator: Ability to explain Manara’s value proposition convincingly and succinctly. A good listener, a strong writer, and a clear professional communicator. Ability to collaborate across teams to reach a shared purpose in a positive and productive manner.
- Learning-Minded: Track record of continuously improving upon a marketing approach and processes based on measurable results and the success of strategies/tactics. Willing to test, ask questions, and test again to continually improve services and results across all areas.
- Entrepreneurial: A self-starter and equally comfortable with collaboration and autonomy. Thrives in a growing environment, contributes creative ideas, takes feedback in stride. You're comfortable with ambiguity.
- Team Player: Willing to pitch in at all levels of the organization, not self-focused, unafraid to dig into the nitty-gritty work.
- Mission-driven: Passionate about mental health and wellness, committed to Manara's mission.
Knock our socks off:
- Social media expertise, especially platforms like Instagram and LinkedIn
- Design skills. You have an eye for what looks nice, and can create basic designs using templates in Figma or Photoshop.
- Industry expertise. You have knowledge of and experience with MENA & European tech scene and the talent industry.
- Fluent in French for our growing talent pool in North Africa is a plus!
We are a fully remote team, so you can be located anywhere, but we think you'll be most successful if you're located in the Middle East. Our marketing leader is based in Dubai. Our talent community are based in the Middle East & North Africa and clients in USA, Europe, and Dubai.