Manara is a social impact startup whose mission is to unlock the human potential of the Middle East & North Africa, uplifting the region's economy and diversifying the global tech sector, with a focus on women. We are experienced founders, operators, and technologists with leading investors (including Stripe, Y Combinator, Seedcamp) and advisers from companies like Andela and Honeypot.
This region has a rapidly growing population and a highly educated, diverse population. But nobody has cracked the puzzle of employment: college graduates face the highest youth unemployment in the world. Women are particularly impacted: in Palestine, 52% of computer science students are women, but 83% of them are unemployed. We run an entirely remote solution to identify the top talent, familiarize them with interviewing approaches, vet them, and find them amazing jobs (whether remote or on-site). It works: at Meta 50% of our referrals in our last batch were hired.
We don’t stop at job placement. Our vision is to build the top tech talent community in this region and support them at each stage in their lifecycle: how to get a promotion, become a manager, be the first woman engineer on a team, etc. The community is driven by a tech product that facilitates connection, shared learning, and motivation.
To achieve our ambitious mission, we are seeking a Senior Account Executive. We also welcome more experienced candidates (and will give the job title to match) as long as you are willing to do the immediate work needed and, in the future, grow a team that you would manage.
You’ll hold the responsibility for building relationships with our largest and most strategic partners. You’ll design strategies to expand our partnerships with companies like Google, Meta, and Zalando, and work tirelessly building relationships with new companies that share Manara’s goals and values. Ultimately you’ll be responsible for ensuring Manara graduates have many options for work after they graduate from Manara.
Note: Diverse candidates often screen themselves out of job applications if they don’t have all the qualifications. Please apply if you’re excited about the role - we’d love to see your application!
- Relationship Focused: You have past experience working with customers. You are energized by learning about other people’s businesses and challenges. You love putting yourself in your customers’ shoes and building long-term, successful partnerships. You love getting warm introductions to C-level executives and founders and can speak to them with ease & confidence.
- 360% sales cycle: You innately understand how a sales cycle works. You excel at all stages in the cycle, from creating new leads and doing business development to expanding existing partnerships. You constantly ponder how to craft the best email/LinkedIn messages.
- Metrics driven: You love dashboards. You are able to use numbers to make an argument and tell a story. You track your progress & the team's progress.
- Strategic & creative thinker: You can easily identify strategic opportunities to expand Manara’s reach. You love finding ways that businesses can work together. You can think out of the box. You come up with new ideas, test them, and then bring them back to your team.
- Talent industry expertise: You have prior exposure to & expertise in the talent industry. You understand that the sales process for a recruiting service is different than selling SaaS.
- Growth mentality: You love learning, are open to feedback, and can quickly learn new things.
- Team player/collaboration: We are a small but mighty team. We need someone who collaborates effectively with others, reaching out to them remotely (via Slack, calls, etc) as needed. You bring “leave your ego at the door” attitude. You roll up your sleeves to do the unglamorous work or support a team member when needed.
- Remote: You love remote work. You can thrive in a remote role, and you can help our partners figure out how to thrive when they hire talent remotely. You're able to overlap with our US team from 8am-1pm PT each Monday-Thursday.
- Ambiguity: You are comfortable with the ambiguity & change that naturally occurs at an early-stage startup. In fact, you view it as an opportunity to leave your mark!
- Passion: You’re passionate about Manara’s mission. You have experience or an interest in diversifying the global tech sector.
Knock our socks off:
- European networks: You bring networks to potential sales leads in the European tech scene. You have relationships with CTOs, VPs of Engineering, or CEOs in London, Dublin, Berlin, and Stockholm.
- Engineers: Experience working with engineers is a plus (e.g., a technical recruiting background, or times when you collaborated with engineers to improve product experiences). If you don't have experience in this area, you can learn it quickly to sound credible selling to CTOs.
- Marketplace: Experience in marketplace businesses is a plus.
We are a fully remote team, so you can be located anywhere. Most of our partners are based in the USA, Europe, and Dubai. Your colleagues on the sales team will be spread across all 3 of those locations. We think you'll be the most successful if you're based in London, Dublin, or Berlin. You should be prepared to work closely with our CEO who is in San Francisco, thus the need to overlap some hours each day.